The Global Education Cluster Cash Task Team launched the research report "The Role of Cash and Voucher Assistance in Increasing Equity and Inclusion for Girls and Children with Disabilities in Education in Emergencies" produced by CGA Technologies under the direct supervision of World Vision on behalf of the Task Team.
The webinar, which took place virtually on Thursday May 5th, from 14:00-15:15 CET, was hosted by UNICEF and moderated by Emilia Sorrentino (Education in Emergencies Advisor, Plan International, and co-chair of the GEC Task team). CGA Technologies along with World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and UNICEF presented two case studies included in the report based on their programmes in Kenya and Syria.
- Welcome by Plan International (Unni Krishnan, Global Humanitarian Director and Board member of CALP)
- Presentation of research findings by World Vision, presented by Marco Grazia, Global Director of Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Technical Unit and Co-Chair of the GEC Cash Task Team
- Voices from the field: Kenya Equity in Education Programme (phase II), presented by Hannah Graham, Managing Director CGA Technologies, and a presenters to be confirmed from the World University Service (WUSC)
- Voices from the field: Cash Transfers Programme for children with disabilities in Syria, presented by Jean Dupraz, Senior Social Policy Advisor, UNICEF
- Questions and Answers moderated by Dana Cristescu CashCap Advisor to the GEC
- Closing remarks by the Global Education Cluster Co-Coordinator, Michelle Brown -Save the Children